Monday, January 10, 2011

THE ORPHANS SHADOW

THE ORPHANS SHADOW

"My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am whithered like grass." Ps. 102:11

Hello, I am a shadow of an Orphan in Nigeria, Thank you for taking a few minutes to read my story. You can see my shadow but what does my shadow tell you about me. First, it shows you that I exist. My shadow also shows you that I am just on of the 9 million other orphans in Nigeria. There are many things about me that my shadow does not tell you. It does not tell you my age or gender. Open the eyes of your heart and here is what you might see. You might see me living under a bridge, in a gutter, on the side of the road, or any place I can find shelter and safety from those who might abuse me.

If you could really see me through the eyes of your heart here is what you might see. You might see me in a garbage pile or begging on the street or stealing just to get something to eat, or trying to find a cool cup of water from a dry muddy creek or a gutter in the street.

If you could see me through the eyes of your heart, here is what you might see. You might see me taken and put into child trafficking used to make money for others, I am just an object to them. I am made to do this over and over I feel so hopeless. Where I end up I do not know.

If you could see me through the eyes of your heart here is what you might see. You might see me as one of the more than 20 babies abandoned at birth, left in a garbage pile, on the steps of a church, in a gutter, or a door at a clinic. If there is no one to take me where do I go? Is there anybody that will love me and take me in, I am a child and is there anywhere, anywhere to go?

If you could see me through the eyes of your heart, here is what you might see. You might see that in my heart I feel unloved, abandoned, homeless, helpless and hopeless, does anyone care for my Soul?

This is what you might see through the eyes of your heart! But, you might also see that in my heart I long for someone to care for me, to take me and love me, shelter me, feed me, clothe me, educate me.

WHERE IS HOPE?

There is HOPE AT SAFE HARBOR BAPTIST CHILDREN'S HOME AND ORPHANAGE in Ogbomosho Oyo State, Nigeria

We need your help to rescue these orphans ONE AT A TIME. We will provide them with love, shelter, food, clothing, and a Christian Education. Most of all we will bring them up in the admonition of the Lord.

We need people who are really looking into their hearts and praying in Faith and asking God what can I do to help these helpless children. Unless we have the funds we cannot take in any more children. Unless we have the funds we cannot take care of the ones we already have. God is so GOOD to all of us. Let us all think what if this was my child? Help Jim and Jan provide for these children. for only $30 a month you can help provide all the basic needs for these children and help us take in more Orphans that are lost and alone. Also we need your prayers, we still need to meet the need of the rent of the house we rented for the Orphanage until we get the permanent homes built. We know this New Year is going to be Special for Safe Harbor Baptist Children's Home. Please pray and be a part of this ministry. God bless you in what the Lord
will have you to do for these children.

You can support a child through our Mission Board (Evangelism Missions Inc. P.O. Drawer 550, Thorsby, AL. 35171. Designate the support to Safe Harbor Orphanage Harvest field ministries. You can also support the Orphanage through the PayPal link in the right upper corner of the blog. You can also support the orphanage through our web site http://www.safeharborbaptistchildrenshome.org/ .

TWO CHILDREN RESCUED BY SAFE HARBOR BAPTIST CHILDREN'S HOME AND ORPHANAGE.




Esther- Lynn was abandoned on the door steps of a church in Ogbomoso in a plastic sack she was brought to a local hospital at the point of death. Safe Harbor Baptist Children's Home was called and we took the baby in and my wife named her Esther-Lynn. Lynn is my Jan's middle name. Esther-Lynn was later adopted by a Nigerian couple living here in the U.S. Esther-Lynn is doing great with her new parents.


Isaiah's birth mother was just 14 years old when she was raped by an older man. Helpless and no family to help she was about to have an abortion. But, God reached down and saved her at Faith Baptist Church. She then could not abort her unborn baby nor could she take care of a new born baby when it was born.  She was counseled by Pastor Ojo on what could be done. She wanted Safe Harbor Baptist children's Home to her baby when it was born. He was named Isaiah and lives with one of our House Parent ( Timothy and Ronke Ojo. Isaiah is now almost three year old and is a very happy and love child.


No comments: